Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Pinstriped Vest


Outfit Details:


I know I am always talking about "nursing friendly" clothing, but since I ecologically breastfeed it is  something I have had to think about a lot since I started having children.  With my first couple of babies, I bought into a lot of the nursing wear that retailers sold, but I never really liked how these items looked, fit, held up and, most importantly, I was disappointed in the ease of nursing when wearing "nursing clothes".  A lot of the openings are too small, the material bunches underneath or gets too stretched out.  I have found it is a lot easier and more cost effective to buy cotton tees and layer with interesting jackets, cardigans, vests and scarves.  Then you can easily lift up your tee, throw on a nursing cover and still have extra coverage from the vest, jacket or scarf.  I have also found dresses with side zips, camisole straps, or V backs and easy to nurse in, because you can easily slide out an arm- again you would just need a cardigan or jacket.  I hope someone out there finds this helpful! 

I love this pinstriped vest I purchased from Banana Republic.  It is a lot different than any other item in my closet because it menswear inspired, but I have found it to be a pretty versatile layer! 

Anyway, thanks so much for reading!  And feel free to contact me if you have any questions in regards to nursing clothes.  I am definitely don't consider myself an expert in fashion, but I have learned a lot about what to wear when you have little babies and kids. 

~ Rose

Outfit Details:











2 comments:

  1. I really love the casual and relaxed way you styled this vest! I would have never thought of this and I think it works so well. Thanks so much for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I could wear this everyday!

      Delete