Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Utility Jacket






Hi ladies!  Another staple to add to your closet for the fall is a field/utility jacket.  These lightweight jackets look great with a casual dress or jeans.  I purchased this one from LOFT last fall, but have linked LOFT's newest version here.  This dress is also a great addition to my closet.  The material is pretty thick and textured so it covers any imperfections.  The length and looser fit make this perfect for chasing little ones around.  

Shop the Look:


On a side note, we have been ramping up for the beginning of our homeschool year.  I recently implemented having the girls memorize a short Bible verse all week and then "present" that verse to my husband on Fridays.  I would love to say that I chose these verses in an organized fashion that coordinated with our curriculum, but I really have just been choosing scripture that is easy for little ones to remember and comprehend.  I am going to be posting the verses daily mainly to hold me accountable for continuing this lesson weekly.  I'd love to hear how any of you Mamas have incorporated the Bible into your child's education (even if you do not officially homeschool) or how you have incorporated any memory work.  I purchased a little display chalkboard from the $1 section at Target and it is perfect for this project.

Here are the verses I chose for our first three weeks of school:

"This is the day the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad" - Psalm 118: 24 
"Be still and know that I am God" - Psalm 46: 10
"Store up for yourself treasures in Heaven"  - Matthew 6:20 

Not only are these short verses easy to remember, but also there are good lessons to be learned.  Psalm 118: 24 reminds us to be thankful for each day regardless of our trials and tribulations.  Psalm 46: 10 teaches us that we need not worry and be anxious because we are not in control.  Matthew 6: 20 shows us that none of our earthly belongings will compare to the gift of heaven.  I am sure there are numerous way to interpret these verses, but my 6 and 7 year old were able to comprehend them and this exercise really made them think and ask questions as they were practicing.  

Thanks so much for reading!!

~Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment